Thursday, January 29, 2009

Address


So I found out the address where I'll be living from February 12th through late June/early July! 

Caitlin Binda
C/- Wynton & Raewyn Bell
264 Waimairi Road
Ilam 8041
Christchurch
New Zealand

Mail away if you so desire! One of these will undoubtedly spread across my face if you do. ---> :-D

I found this great photo with the map of New Zealand. Christchurch is in the South Island, on the Pacific coast. Raewyn, my homestay mom, has informed me that it will frequently be 25-30 Celsius for the first few months I'm there. I found a Farenheit/Celcius convertor and discovered that this is 75-85 degrees Farenheit!! Hip Hip Hooray for warm, summertime, beach weather!

Also- I found this photo particularly great because of the picture of the globe in the top left corner. For those of you who are geographically challenged, (as I most certainly am), hopefully this helps to give an idea
as to how far away NZ is from the States. Almost an entire day (no, really...23 hrs. and some odd minutes!) will pass from the time I leave D.C. to when I arrive in Christchurch. By calendar time two days will pass though, because NZ is 17 hours ahead of our Eastern Time!

And the excitement continues to rise...

No comments:

Post a Comment