Hey there! This will be a shorter than usual post, because I’m waking up in t-minus 6 hours to head off to a place called Rarotonga with my program for a week long “field trip” of sorts and should probably get some sleep. However, seeing as how it has been quite some time since I last posted, I thought I’d give a brief update on how things have been going. I will be restraining myself in order to make it brief, because God has been doing so much, but there will be more to come later. :)
The Lord delights in those who fear Him;
In those who trust in His unfailing love.
Psalm 147:11
I am currently on a three-week fall break, and spent the past week on a road trip with three girl friends of mine, Nicole, Amy, and Olivia. We saw so many beautiful places and crossed paths with quite a few wonderful people along the way. While in Milford Sound, a gorgeous place about 8 hours southwest of Christchurch, the Lord put this Scripture on my mind in the morning. I wrote the verse on my hand and stepped out into the day.
We went on a cruise that morning that was beautiful.
(We saw this precious seal!)

Mike and Brian, two guys we had met a couple of days before, (first at Lake Tekapo -easily the most gorgeous lake any of us had ever seen- and then again a few hours later at a random overlook of another gorgeous lake), were on the cruise boat! There are tons of different cruise boats at Milford Sound, and tons of different times at which they go out. There were only about 30 people on this particular cruise, and it was an 8:30 a.m. one, so not the most popular time to go! You would know though, that the Lord would choose to dazzle us with a display of how incredibly and ridiculously good He is at weaving together the lives of His people. It was amazing but not surprising that we would just “run into them” on this morning. (That was only part one of why the cruise was beautiful).
Part two was because on the way back into the dock, there was this incredible light streaming, pouring really, out from behind one body of mountains and onto another. Olivia and I talked multiple times with one another about how light makes everything more amazing. It is simply true. Part three of why the cruise was so beautiful was because we got to see a rainbow in one of the waterfalls. Oh, how brilliant and wonderful it was! However, for me the most brilliant and wonderful part of the day was yet to come.
It came a good while later, around 4 p.m., when I decided to go off exploring on a run. About a kilometer into it, I came to a marked trail that looked intriguing, so I thought I’d give it a go and see where following it led me. Well, to say I was glad to have embraced my curiosity would be an understatement. What it led me to was a place and moment so breathtakingly beautiful that I found myself literally trembling. Trembling with fear for God. Awesome reverence and awe for the One whose love truly is unfailing. And matchlessly so.
The Lord delights in those who fear Him;
In those who trust in His unfailing love.
Psalm 147:11
The next day was Easter, and there are stories to tell, but they will have to wait to be told on another day, and at another time…soon…

No comments:
Post a Comment